Every year at this time there are many homeowners who decide to wait until after the holidays to list their homes for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. My experience this so far this season is that I’ve been almost as busy in the month of November, as I was in June and July!
Here are seven great reasons not to wait to put your home on the market:
- Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their new employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
- Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is minimal competition for you as a seller right now. Inventory of homes for sale traditionally slows in the late fall, early winter. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream homes during the busy spring and summer months are still searching!
7. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country new construction will continue to surge and reach new heights which will lessen the demand for your house in 2019.
***Want a bonus reason to sell during the holiday season? Your home is decorated, it looks welcoming and shoppers will surely imagine themselves hosting their own family holiday in your space.
My Bottom Line:
Even though the idea of selling during the holiday season may seem daunting, waiting until after the could mean a missed opportunity.
If you have real estate questions, comments, or if you know of a unique property that should be featured in an article, I’d love to hear from you! Kimberly.email@example.com
Kimberly McHale is a real estate agent with Mott & Chace Sotheby’s International Realty and works with buyers and sellers state-wide. She is also a professional vocalist, and an avid equestrian. www.KimMchaleRealty.com